Crisis in Ukraine Symposium, October 16 and 17
(October 1, 2014) — Armstrong State University will host a two-day Crisis in Ukraine Symposium, which will take place on Thursday, October 16 at 2 p.m. at the Ogeechee Theater at Armstrong State University, 11935 Abercorn St., and on Friday, October 17 at 2 p.m. at Skidaway Island Presbyterian Church, 1500 Diamond Cswy. This event is free and open to the public.
The symposium will focus on current events in Ukraine and will feature panelists from five University System of Georgia institutions, each of whom will discuss the background of the Ukrainian crisis and analyze current events.
• Dr. Olavi Arens, professor of history at Armstrong State University (panel chair)
• Dr. Jacek Lubecki, assistant vice president and director of the Center for International Studies at Georgia Southern University
• Dr. Martin Blackwell, associate professor of history, University of North Georgia
• Dr. Jamie E. Scalera, assistant professor of political science, Georgia Southern University
• Dr. James W. Peterson, head of political science department, Valdosta State University
• Dr. William Risch, associate professor of history, Georgia College & State University
Risch will speak live from Kiev via video conference. This event is sponsored by Armstrong State University, the Center for International Studies at Georgia Southern University and the Savannah Council on World Affairs.